Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Goobers

I don’t have any kids, so I don’t presume to know what it’s like. I do have 6 very opinionated cats. Each with their own distinct personality - and demands. Right now, they are whining for breakfast.

I’d like to think they prepare me for kids, if I ever have any. I know, all of you with kids want to whop me over the head right now. How could cats ever compare to children? At this point, it’s my best guess.

We feed them twice a day. We make their food. We brush their teeth. We break up fights and broker deals. We punish and reward. We provide companionship.

And they return the favor. They are alarm clocks and bed warmers. Couch potato companions and workout wannabees. They hang out in the kitchen begging for food, constantly asking – When’s dinner? They wake me in the middle of the night when they’re not feeling well or a storm frightens them.

This week, I will introduce you to all of them. Well, you’ve already met the Moke. I’ll probably revisit him and his antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment